Cannot find chilton's manual for 01 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cannot find chilton's manual for 01 explorer

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
Hi,

I have been looking for a Chilton's manual for my 2001 explorer. My local parts stores can't find one for the 2000 or the 2001. I have looked everywhere on the net I can think of and cannot find one listed either. They go up to 1999 and then skip to 2002.

I can fine the Haynes manuals all over, but not Chilton's. Anyone seen one? If not....what repair manuals do you recoommend?

P.S. I had both Chilton's and Haynes for my ranger I just got rid of.

thanks everyone,
Brian_B

Check on ebay. They also will have the Ford Truck CD's for auction for pretty cheap. Those are the Ford service manuals on CD. Many of the Chilton's may only say they are for 1991-99, because they were published in 99, but I don't think there were any many major changes from model year 99 to 01.
Ebay auction

That is one auction i found for $13.52. I have the ford service CD manuals, and they are pretty good if you have access to a computer.

Also you can PM me for another option, if you have broadband

good info...thanks

I looked on e-bay and even the home page of the chilton's publisher and they did not list the 01s. I found the 99 all over the place. The 99 is availble here locally for about the same price. I will see if my friends son (works in o'reilly)will open one for me to look in before I purchase it.

I have found a few aftermarket parts that skip 01 as well. I wonder if thats a similar deal? :confused:

I have seen CDs (by someone) a long time ago for the rangers and never thought about them. I didn't know ford produced any. Thats cool. :cool:

I do have access to a few computers. :D I work for two schools, so thats not a problem. I have my laptop in my x most of the time and I am on wireless at both schools.

I am not really fond of the haynes manuals we have used, so I am hoping I can get a chiltons, but the ford CD sounds interesting. I will start looking for those.

Thanks for all the information.

Back