Can't get into Programming mode for Keyless Entry Keypad? 2016 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't get into Programming mode for Keyless Entry Keypad? 2016

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I just purchased keyless entry keypad for my explorer 2016, http://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/10610/s/actuator-asy/category/3016/

and I tried all ways to programing it put I failed
Is explorer have new way to programing mode ?

Sorry for bad English :D

Your English is just fine. Doesn't your Explorer have a push button start? This is from the link in your question. Does your Explorer have a push button start?

Vehicle Notes: The keypad is not compatible with vehicles that have push button start. For vehicles equipped with factory remote keyless entry.

It must be programmed to the vehicle by the dealer.

Hi, I just purchased keyless entry keypad for my explorer 2016, http://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/10610/s/actuator-asy/category/3016/

and I tried all ways to programing it put I failed
Is explorer have new way to programing mode ?

Sorry for bad English :D
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
You haven't added the trim level (Base, XLT, etc) to your profile so we don't know which you have by looking in the margin. I'm guessing that it is a 2016 Base model Explorer since you apparently don't have the Securicode keyless entry pad. Is that right?

Peter

Thanks for replying

I have explorer 2016 base

Thanks for replying

I have explorer 2016 base
Thanks for updating. Jason, jmr061, is one of the more knowledgeable members on this forum, especially when it comes to programming so I guess when he said the dealer has to set this up I would take that advice and talk with your dealer's service department and make sure you get a tech that is familiar with doing it. Good luck.

Peter

thanks to u all

I'll go t my dealer today

HI i went to my dealer and they try to programming the keyless keypad through OBD II but they failed to do it :(

HI i went to my dealer and they try to programming the keyless keypad through OBD II but they failed to do it :(

Where are you located?

You probably have the wrong frequency keypad then.

Probably like what [MENTION=264213]jmr061[/MENTION] stated. Ford/Lincoln Vehicles exported to GCC from 2013+ have their frequency at 433 MHz while US Ford/Lincoln vehicle mostly still use 315 MHz. So most accessories/fobs online are 315 MHz & will not work in GCC vehicles.

Back