caution on having syvc 2.8 installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

caution on having syvc 2.8 installed

russell bruesch

Reaction score
City, State
new buffalo michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 limited explorer
My ford touch on my 2011 limited has worked flawlessly for 4 months except playin music through the usb thumb drive ports, I have my itunes music on sansa 8 gig thumb drives. The music freezes sometimes and indexes to the next song. I just had sync 2.8 installed and now have more issues and different problems with the thumb drive. No voice recognition on the usb2 port,random rebbotting of the entire system,usb1 doesnt index properly, navigation screen does not want to respond.
I would caution any one from having this upgrade unless you are having serious problems with your system. Sometimes its best to leave well enough alone.

It also could be the dealer didn't properly install the 2.8.

I think a lot of problems come from service depts not knowing exactly what they are doing & some are simply folks not knowing the system.(Not saying this is you--just a general opinion).

I have 2.7..no issues(no navigation).

My ford touch on my 2011 limited has worked flawlessly for 4 months except playin music through the usb thumb drive ports, I have my itunes music on sansa 8 gig thumb drives. The music freezes sometimes and indexes to the next song. I just had sync 2.8 installed and now have more issues and different problems with the thumb drive. No voice recognition on the usb2 port,random rebbotting of the entire system,usb1 doesnt index properly, navigation screen does not want to respond.
I would caution any one from having this upgrade unless you are having serious problems with your system. Sometimes its best to leave well enough alone.

It sounds like an installation issue w/ your particular system. I would venture to guess that they did an "upgrade" instead of wiping and flashing a new copy of the ROM on it. A few posts in here have mentioned that when talking to the tech's a wipe and load seemed to be the way to go.

maybe point your tech to this thread, as this guy seems to have had a flawless update.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315793

I found something that I do not like at all. You can no longer just "scroll down" on the far left steering wheel control panel to alternate between trip, tach, settings, etc. You now have to arrow down, then arrow right to view them. Not a good upgrade.

Back