Changing default display screen from "Climate Control" to the "Home" screen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changing default display screen from "Climate Control" to the "Home" screen?

Bobs2018ExplorerSport

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Livermore, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport 4WD
Callsign
KD6ANY
Hello, does anybody know if there is a way in FORScan to change the default display screen in a 2018 Ford Explorer Sync-3 system from the factory-default of the "Climate Control" screen, to always instead default to the "Home" screen?

I could care less about seeing what all my temperature settings are, and currently always have to push the "Home" button on the touchscreen, which then shows a split-screen of the current navigation map, as well as my current radio setting and my cellphone logged-on. This is the display mode that I always use while driving. It'd be nice if I didn't always have to toggle to that Home screen whenever I first start up the car.

Anyone ever been able to change this, or know what the settings are, using FORScan?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't recall the default screen being the Climate Control on my 2017 Platinum. Every time I started it the Home Screen came up but then it was also there when I turned the vehicle OFF. Being it is named the 'Home' screen, I would expect it to also be the default.

Peter

Yes, I guess they wouldn't be calling it the "home" screen if it shouldn't always be the default, right?

I will have to look into this further, because if what you're sharing happens on your 2017, then that is likely how mine should be. I'll have to have it looked at.

Thanks!

Something is definitely up. Mine always starts up to the home screen. But now that I think about it, I don't ever leave the home screen. I'm either on the home screen or Android Auto. Do you turn off the car with it on the climate screen?

Pretty sure mine is always on the home screen after a start up.

Back