Check Brake System, Service AdvanceTrac and Collision Warning Malfunction | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check Brake System, Service AdvanceTrac and Collision Warning Malfunction

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try this first remove the cover and make sure that it still connected. It may have came loose and then try resetting it. If that not it Take it back to the dealer have them to scan the adaptive cruise control module.

Cant figure out how to post photos. But the part number Ba1t-9g768-am. Check on Ebay for best deals. You do have to remove the front cover to access it.
The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite Explorer membership and you can post right from your computer/device. You can also use Photobucket to link your photos.
Is this the unit you are referring to? Sensor Assy - Speed | FordUS That is what came up when I plugged in your part number.

Peter

ACC.jpg

The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite Explorer membership and you can post right from your computer/device. You can also use Photobucket to link your photos.
Is this the unit you are referring to? Sensor Assy - Speed | FordUS That is what came up when I plugged in your part number.

Peter

View attachment 168668

This is the unit Ford in Costa Rica is telling me that is causing the problem but when I scan with Forscan my logic tells me the ABS is faulty.

This is the unit Ford in Costa Rica is telling me that is causing the problem but when I scan with Forscan my logic tells me the ABS is faulty.
Although it is only a guess, I'd go with the faulty ABS or sensor.

Peter

When you say sensor you mean which sensor?
From reading other posts I believe there are ABS sensors for each wheel. Some members had issues with them after driving through deep snow.

Peter

When you say sensor you mean which sensor?
Hi Ramzi, did you ever figure out what exactly was the problem? I'm having the SAME EXACT issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi Ramzi, did you ever figure out what exactly was the problem? I'm having the SAME EXACT issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on June 3, 2020. Have you checked to see if any trouble codes were set?

Peter

FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on June 3, 2020.

Peter
Hi! I realized...at this point I'm willing to try anything as I'm not so versed in this topic

Have you had it checked for any possible trouble codes? That might help.

Have you had it checked for any possible trouble codes? That might help.
Full disclosure...I'm a young woman, while I drive like a pro that's where my expertise stops, I try to learn as much as I can while my mechanic works and I'm super proud of myself for diagnosing the issue I had with my oil pump and purge valve without his help but Google saved me there. I have a scanner and scanned it, the scanner picked up no issues however all the lights and warnings OP had are coming up. Fordzy drives and handles how she normally does and I notice after I put in gas the lights don't come on till the next time I start up. My mechanics first attempt at fixing the issue was to change my brake pads...ofc that hasn't helped.

Full disclosure...I'm a young woman, while I drive like a pro that's where my expertise stops, I try to learn as much as I can while my mechanic works and I'm super proud of myself for diagnosing the issue I had with my oil pump and purge valve without his help but Google saved me there. I have a scanner and scanned it, the scanner picked up no issues however all the lights and warnings OP had are coming up. Fordzy drives and handles how she normally does and I notice after I put in gas the lights don't come on till the next time I start up. My mechanics first attempt at fixing the issue was to change my brake pads...ofc that hasn't helped.
having the same issues like OP - Check Brake system; service advance trac; collision warning malfunction and ABS warning

having the same issues like OP - Check Brake system; service advance trac; collision warning malfunction and ABS warning
Have you checked or had it checked for trouble codes? A bad wheel speed sensor might be the issue.

Peter

Had this same issue for a long time on my 2019 Explorer. Hill assist, traction control and ABS warnings when I drive. No impact to driving but no cruise control when the dash was lit up either. Not consistent, some times no warnings. 3 shops later for diagnostic and they finally found the culprit was a cracked HUD module sending corrupted data and setting off the warnings. Unplugged it and viola…problem solved. Funny thing is I bought the vehicle used and never even knew it had the Heads up display option…uggg. These vehicles have 30 or more modules…

Had this same issue for a long time on my 2019 Explorer. Hill assist, traction control and ABS warnings when I drive. No impact to driving but no cruise control when the dash was lit up either. Not consistent, some times no warnings. 3 shops later for diagnostic and they finally found the culprit was a cracked HUD module sending corrupted data and setting off the warnings. Unplugged it and viola…problem solved. Funny thing is I bought the vehicle used and never even knew it had the Heads up display option…uggg. These vehicles have 30 or more modules…
Appreciate the info on the HUD. I have it for the first time on my 2023 Aviator. I really like it.

Peter

Back