Check LR or RR Turn Signal out - Solution | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check LR or RR Turn Signal out - Solution

curlymurt

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
I've seen the LR or RR turn signal message on the dash come up on the forums and I've experienced it myself. It signals the bulb is out or faulty, and sometimes just sporadically doesn't work. I finally figured out a solution so I wanted to share.

I changed bulbs to no avail, tried to adjust the contacts in the wiring harness and bulb socket, etc. I was pretty sure the contacts were sporadically touching the bulb contacts, but I couldn't position them to tighten on the bulb, so I tore small pieces of aluminum foil, used bulb grease, and put the foil on the bulb. DO NOT WRAP the foil. Each side of the bulb [male socket] needs it's own piece of foil... you CANNOT use one piece folded across both sides of the socket due to the design.

The foil adds thickness to the bulb socket so all pieces of metal can contact each other, and more tightly. Hope this helps some people because I spent a couple of months on it sporadically working and troubleshooting.

Back