• Register Today It's free!

Chip on ebay

94EX.

Reaction score
City, State
Mid west
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
First off let me say what a nice and informative site (forum). However I have a question. I just acquired a 94 Explorer and was doing a search on ebay and keep copming across these resistor chips for 5.00 and was curious if they actually did anything other than drain your wallet 5.00 ? Also were would I get a chip for this vechicle or is it not worth it ?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome Aboard!!

Save the $5 for something else, those things are junk.

Robb

those ebay resistor chips are nothing more than a resistor... they are garbage...

REAL performance chips, like manufactured by: superchips, hypertech, diablo, etc are worth the extra $ in a quest for more power but will cost at least $200 for a new one....

Welcome to the site

what the chip does (if you are still curious). You put it into your temp sensor in the intake tube. The signal sent back to the computer with the resistor in place says that the air temp is cold (around 30-40* i believe) This make the computer add more fuel to the mixture. It is an old trick, and the resistor can be bought at radio shack for less than a dollar.

Thanks. I kinda figured. However were is a good place to get a real chip ?

Originally posted by 94EX.
Thanks. I kinda figured. However were is a good place to get a real chip ?

I recommend Brian at Apten.... http://www.apten-us.com/

There is a group buy underway right now too at Dead Link Removed

I have one and am very happy.

Back