• Register Today It's free!

Coils!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Foote

Reaction score
City, State
Katy, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Hey does anyone know if anyone makes coils bigger than 5.5 inch for the first gen explorer? i have 5.5 and want to go a lil bit bigger, i was thinking bigger coils in the front( dont really want to drop the bucket) and blocks in the rear, i know i would probably need another pitman arm. what else? shocks maybe?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, i am not sure who has it, but someone on here runs an 8" coil... it may not be specifically explorer though, it could easily be for a ranger, etc...

James !!!!!!!! you da man, i was hoping you would say somthign like that, what about other stuff i need

most likely camber bushings and possibly a more dropped pitman arm..... also something for the rear end

yeah, cambers are already done, i cant go any "higher" with those thingS!!!!!!!!!! and probably blocks for the rear

youll need the superlift camber bushings..... pitman arm.... new driveshafts..... thats to high for the stock explorer shafts.... shocks..... and im not to sure if i would use blocks on an X youll get alot of side to side motion.... where blocks arent stable.... but im sure you could fab ranger lift springs....

i dont need new cambers, i already have those, but how much are driveshafts

are the cambers superlifts? cause if they are the allignment shops.... most likley they are maxed out... getting new drive shafts made should be around 200.

does superlift make bigger ones than the allignment shop will have? and is that 200 each driveshaft? (4x4)

yeah superlift makes one for extreme cambers..... each drive shaft should be about 80 - 100 each....

sweet
thanks

Back