Column Shifter Play (Not a problem, just annoying...) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Column Shifter Play (Not a problem, just annoying...)

D

Deleted member 352605

Hi! Just a quick how-to thread on something that I've found very annoying. For the past few years, my column shifter has had a decent amount of play in it... after some recent investigating, I found that 2 bolts that link the shifter loosened up over time.

I followed the brake pedal up until I saw the shifter link, in which there are 3 bronze colored bolts. They are a T30 Torx bolt, and so what I did was I took one out, but blue thread lock on, and tightened it down till snug. I then removed the other one and put the threadlock on and snugged it down. After i did both bolts, I rechecked them to make sure they were tightened enough. This solved my loose shifter problem. Below is a bad pic of the bolts. Appologies for the poor quality of the picture...

Attachments

• ColumnBolts.jpg
    ColumnBolts.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 87

@swshawaii Oh! I never saw that thread... I just did this fix not too long ago after finally trying to figure out what is was... the bolt didnt fall out, it was only loose... but thanks!

Back