computer system in vehicle went off while driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

computer system in vehicle went off while driving

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
I got a question, while i was driving, the computer system in the vehicle complete went off, the interior lights for the radio, speedmeter, computer screen in the middle, and the radio turned off as well, for about 1 minute or less, than it came back on, and said check system brake, the vehicle only has 29450 miles on it and its 2006... is telling me that the brakes are going or is just what sures up the vehicle computer system re-boots backup after a failure

i dont hear any squeaking signs that the brakes are going or anything like that so i dont know what it could be... any ideas would be helpful

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have no clue what you said, but to me it seems like the cluster dropped out and back in. check connections.

when i was driving the radio went out, odometer lights went out, that 1 x 1 computer screen in the odometer went out as well, interior lights went out as well for a few minutes and when it turned back on the 1x1 computer screen in the odometer area showed check brake system... the best i can describe it is like disconnecting the battery so nothing is working anymore except for the engine is still running

this is what basically happen http://www.midas.com/SafetyTips/AutoEmergencies/ElectricalFailure/tabid/230/Default.aspx but i definitely had engine power and power steering cause the road i living on is curving and up hill and when i accelerated on the gas i could the hear the engine as well... lol i should should say dashboard lights went out and as well the radio the lights, radio power off... going to get the battery check tomorrow

so today i notice when i was driving, it was raining hard but than cleared up with sunny and blue skys and the daylight running lights took away to shoot, so i am guessing the car wiring is screwed up or something

Hi Rusty813, I have exactly the same problem, Could you tell me how do you fix the problem??

just sent you a pm

Hi Rusty813;
I too,have exactly the same problem, Could you tell me how do you fix the problem??

Thanks!

-barry_st

hey barry this been away but in my case I remember I just pop open the hood an tighten the battery cables, i think the bolts were too loose cause i was working on my car so through the vibration while driving it probably shoke it beat causing the negative cable to loosen off been since then i had no problems

Back