COULD THIS BE IT (a front winch mount for a third gen?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

COULD THIS BE IT (a front winch mount for a third gen?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just called them and they said it WILL WORK for a 2002-2004 4 door Explorer. I told them the 2005 is the same (so I think) and he didnt know why it only list 02-04.
So it sounds like it will work. If not it might only take some minor fabbing to fit.
Good find :)

Looks promising, but sticks out a bit!

I just called them and they said it WILL WORK for a 2002-2004 4 door Explorer. I told them the 2005 is the same (so I think) and he didnt know why it only list 02-04.
So it sounds like it will work. If not it might only take some minor fabbing to fit.
Good find :)

Thanks for calling you beat me to it:). yea the 2005 is pretty much the same but they did change a few things like the front bumper, roof rack etc...

The only prob i got is the bull bar on the front of mine, but i think im going to get a full front covering brush guard instead so then it would fit (but thats next years project;))

-chris

I think it is just a hitch/receiver that you mount to the front, nothing really special. It's ugly if you ask me. If you look at the Mile Marker Catalog you will see that it requires a winch cradle. It's sort of like a universal winch hook up.

winchmount.jpg

I think it is just a hitch/receiver that you mount to the front, nothing really special. It's ugly if you ask me. If you look at the Mile Marker Catalog you will see that it requires a winch cradle. It's sort of like a universal winch hook up.

winchmount.jpg

your right,, i found that out already the way 4 wheel parts advertise it is confusing

But milemarker i found makes a 02-05 brush guard with winch plate welded to it the only thing is is costs 800-1300 dollars:(

http://www.autoanything.com/winches/60A2275A0A0A2044830.aspx

Back