Cracking sound coming from the fan control knob area | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cracking sound coming from the fan control knob area

BruceF

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Base
I have a 2012 Base model.

Does anyone hear an occasional cracking sound coming from the fan speed control knob area. I seem to be having this noise every 15 min. only when the heater is on.

Thanks for a response

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep.. 2012 XLT... like you said, I only notice it when the heat is on .. which is most of the time right now...

Joe

...Does anyone hear an occasional cracking sound coming from the fan speed control knob area. I seem to be having this noise every 15 min. only when the heater is on...
Yep.. 2012 XLT... like you said, I only notice it when the heat is on .. which is most of the time right now...
Bruce & Joe,

I want to offer my help by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. So I can do that, please send a PM with your contact information, approximate mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Cory

Bruce & Joe,

I want to offer my help by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. So I can do that, please send a PM with your contact information, approximate mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Cory

PM is on it's way.. Thanks, Joe

Is this happening to you?

Back