damn these seats!

slugmike

Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
hey all,

i have a 2001 sport w/ the leather seats, and I have noticed that they offer basically zero neck support and are pretty uncomfortable in general, esp for long drives.

i'm not sure if there are different leather seats. mine basically have a flat back with no headrest.

how difficult/expensive is a seat swap, and what other seats would fit? I've driven a 2001 sport with the cloth seats, and I am disappointed to say that I find them far more comfortable than my leathers.

In fact... If somebody (near sunnyvale, ca) had an X with cloth seats, and wanted my leathers... I would be willing to trade them straight-up, only catch would be that you would have to do the swap yourself, since I suck big time when it comes to mods =) i'll definately help out, but i just don't have the "know-how" to do it alone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got any pictures? Interested in some 98 sport cloth bucket seats? Chatsworth area in SoCal.

pics!

Color? :cool:

Waz Up sunnyvale? Color?

don't the 2001 have the adjustable neck supports?

i know my 97 doesn't and it sucks

how tall are you? my 92 eddie bauer x has the same type of seats and theyre very comfy

I remember some where in here, reading that Windstar seats will fit in an Ex. My wife used to have a Windstar and seats were very comfortable. Looked to me like they had a base on them to give height, and should be removable

windstar seats huh? i bet those are pretty comfortable...

am i going to have problems since my current seats have airbags in them? does that mean the new seat must also have an airbag?

My seats suck for long drives like when I go back home (1147 miles, one way). Plus, the front right corner of my seat bracket is broke in half. Thinking about putting in some racing seats.

Originally posted by slugmike
am i going to have problems since my current seats have airbags in them? does that mean the new seat must also have an airbag?

anyone know if the airbag light will come on if we get new seats without side airbags? what other seats came with side airbags?

anyone know if the airbag light will come on if we get new seats without side airbags?

One thought is to just go out and unplug yours and see what happens. Will tell you instantly what your light will do or not do for sure.

Back