Delay on AWD Models? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Delay on AWD Models?

Now I need some luck!! I've got the cash if they have the X.

WDinSD...that's a versatile phrase. Works if you're looking to order the 2011 Explorer, or if you're standing on certain dimly-lit street corners in the early morning hours. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WDinSD...that's a versatile phrase. Works if you're looking to order the 2011 Explorer, or if you're standing on certain dimly-lit street corners in the early morning hours. ;)

pretty funny. I hadn't thought of that. However, I am a bit addicted to my X-plorer.

Clarification from Craig Patterson of Ford!

Howdy Y'all,

I think we can largely put this to rest. Craig Patterson (Mktg Mgr for the Explorer) weighed in on Facebook, and said this:

We are still taking orders for 2011 4WD Explorers from dealers. Some fleet companies have exhausted their allocation - hence the note from Donlen. We are building 2011 models into July, and we have only scheduled orders through April - we have 2 1/2 months of orders to schedule, and more than half od them will be 4WD. Craig

So, it appears that Donlen's site was perhaps referencing just fleet sales, or perhaps just their own allocation. Very poor wording on Donlen's part, if that is the case...or maybe we were just misinterpreting it?

Howdy Y'all,

I think we can largely put this to rest. Craig Patterson (Mktg Mgr for the Explorer) weighed in on Facebook, and said this:

We are still taking orders for 2011 4WD Explorers from dealers. Some fleet companies have exhausted their allocation - hence the note from Donlen. We are building 2011 models into July, and we have only scheduled orders through April - we have 2 1/2 months of orders to schedule, and more than half od them will be 4WD. Craig

So, it appears that Donlen's site was perhaps referencing just fleet sales, or perhaps just their own allocation. Very poor wording on Donlen's part, if that is the case...or maybe we were just misinterpreting it?

Thanks for posting that. I just ordered my 4WD last Friday (3/18), so I was very interested in how this progressed. However, if it turned out that I had to wait until May to order a 2012, I would have done so, as I have no interest in any other model (Durango, Cherokee, etc) and am not in dire straits in terms of needing another car right now.

I am in no rush either, my 02 Mountaineer is running just great however the ordering in May and not shipping until Aug/Sept would have been too torturous I think!

I have looked at everything else and I won't settle for anything other than the Explorer - I drive my vehicles for a good amount of time so I want to love it!

Ours was built on2/22 with an ETA to dealer of 3/07. Never arrived and never updated from then...

I just want to say Seni is incredible. Got a PM that my ex is scheduled for 4-4
Build. Wahoo!

@Gandalf and @klledoux: same here; after decided to get a bigger SUV (need something that has 6 to 7 seats), I did some research since end of 2010, requested so many brochures, compared their sizes, prices, options, etc...i ended up with this 2011 Ford Explorer. my dealer ordered mine on 3/8 and told me it could get here by end of April, asked me if it's ok; I said no problem. Deep down, I didn't tell him, i don't care if it's going to take 3 months or more; my Xterra is still running well (just not big enough since baby#2 is due soon) + i don't have to make any car payment, yet!

Can someone point me to he FB page that has all this Explorer talk

Youngr,

My guess is it an allocation issue with your dealer.

Can I ask when you ordered your ex? I ordered mine on 1/31 and still nothing!

I ordered 2/25/11 from North County Ford in Vista California. They have been excellent. I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard anything. Did you send your VOC (vehicle order confirmation) to Seni? I sent mine on Thursday and got the build date today.

If you don't have your VOC your dealer should be able to provide it to you. It had my name on it and what I ordered. I gave my dealer $500.00 down to start the process.

I ordered 2/25/11 from North County Ford in Vista California. They have been excellent. I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard anything. Did you send your VOC (vehicle order confirmation) to Seni? I sent mine on Thursday and got the build date today.

If you don't have your VOC your dealer should be able to provide it to you. It had my name on it and what I ordered. I gave my dealer $500.00 down to start the process.

I sent my information to Seni and she said it's unscheduled-clean and I should be getting a VIN soon. I just sent her another message on Friday, and I'm hoping to get a VIN. If not maybe I should order another one from a different dealer and see which one comes first. :)

Hey hey now, I'm listening!! Check your PMs, I sent another update. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Seni

Hi,
I got your message, and I called my dealer they said they should have my explorer on their lot in three weeks. I'm not quite sure how that's going to happen since I don't have a build date yet. Also he said my order was processed today not quite sure what that means. I wasn't trying to be mean when I said I should order from another dealer it just seems that my dealer's order is taking forever, and people who ordered a month after me already have build dates. You have been a great help, and I really appreciate what you do for us! I'm going to be checking back in with you at the end of the week if that's ok with you.

@Youngr4, it's kinda like the old real estate phrase...it's all about --

allocation, allocation, allocation.

I ordered on December 31, 2010 and didn't get a VIN until March 4.

ALTcanuck,how right you are.I didn't purchase AWD,Limited w/fwd.I ordered 12/29 and picked it up 3/3.It seems it all comes down to dealer allocation and as UPS states "logistics".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
I got your message, and I called my dealer they said they should have my explorer on their lot in three weeks. I'm not quite sure how that's going to happen since I don't have a build date yet. Also he said my order was processed today not quite sure what that means. I wasn't trying to be mean when I said I should order from another dealer it just seems that my dealer's order is taking forever, and people who ordered a month after me already have build dates. You have been a great help, and I really appreciate what you do for us! I'm going to be checking back in with you at the end of the week if that's ok with you.

Youngr4,

I am sorry that your vehicle is seeming to take longer than others. Please be assured that we are doing what we can to get these Explorers out to you as soon as possible, while continuing to produce great quality. ;) As you stated, do feel free to contact me next week for an update. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Seni

Back