dieing problemon my 95 ex

94ZebraRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Laramie, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer XLT
dieing problem with my 95 ex

I was out cruising the fire roads, didn't even have to use 4 wd. I was driving slow most of the time. After letting it idle for about 15 minutes while clearing the trail of brush. I climbed a climb not to steep. about 5 or so minutes later I had no power and it just died. would barely run on restart even with my foot to the floor. I let it cool about 20 minutes. It started, I finished the trails, stoped to use the little boys room. It wouldn't start again. after letting it sit for 10 it stareted.
On the way home the highway comes down from 8200 ft at 5 degree incline. ending at 7200ft. About halfway down. no power and it just dies. I coast down the rest of the way, pull over and wait after a few it starts and runs. I drive the rest of the way home in 3rd( OD off) . but still seemed to want to die.

Any ideas on what is the problem. I have had warm starting problems in the past.

Tim

One other thing is that I haven't gotten any CEL with any of the problems. Plus my son took it to Cheyenne and had problems with it twice yesterday. but drove home today with none. This is giving me fits.

Tim

Back