• Register Today It's free!

Disc Break Spash Shield

smalltownusa

Reaction score
City, State
Western Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac XLT 4WD
While tearing into my 2005 Sport Trac XLT 4WD I found not surprisingly that both of the front "Disc Break Splash Shields" had disintegrated. The mounting hardware was rusted in place, and no wrench would fit.
I managed to get the 3 small bolts holding each shield out by spinning them with a chisel.

Today I tried to order the new shields at my local Ford dealer. The parts guy after searching told me they are NA, and there were none in stock. I was surprised thinking that the same splash shields would have been used on many Sport Trac years. Nope I was told they are specific to the Sport Trac year.

Today while searching I found two part numbers:
3L2Z-1214-AA right hand front
3L2Z-1214-BA left hand front

I'm leery ordering them online after what the parts guy had told me. Can anybody confirm that these parts numbers are correct for my 2005 Sport Trac. If I am right, and I'm usually not :) it seems like these Disc Brake Shields are common on many Rangers, and other Sport Trac years.
I just figured a Ford parts guy would know way more than I did :confused:.

P.S. Because the small mounting bolts were so rusted I had to ruin them to get them out. I am not sure what size they are. I imagine they are metric. They are the kind of bolt that is manufactured with the bolt head and washer as one unit. Any idea what kind, and size I should ask for?

swshawaii Thanks so the parts guy was wrong.
Any thoughts on those mounting bolts?

Not sure, never had a splash shield off. Check Fastenal, Bolt Depot, McMaster-Carr, etc. for something similar. 99% of your ST is metric. Only exceptions I can think of are lug bolts and brake bleeders. Keep remnants of the ruined bolts and check the size and threads at any hardware or auto parts store. Post pics of the bolts if you can't find anything similar.

Back