Does anyone need a power source besides the battery? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone need a power source besides the battery?

Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
Well as some of you guys/girls know I am a volunteer firefighter and I have lots of lights which comes with lots of power wires plus my stereo system. For the past 2 months I hae been trying to relocate all my fire light wires to another power source. Which I found. The fuse block under the hood. But I could not get the power point on it until I realised that 2 snaps that hold the fuse block in place. So I unsnaped it and there was my power outlet! Just something helpful for members trying to find power spots.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not just run a large gauge wire from the battery to a distribution block? thats how ambulances do it

Yep that would be the best way to do it. All the lights would have a direct feed from the battery and wouldn't put strain on all other electrical components.

I could do that. I need to get some extra cash in order to do it. When I run my red lights I turn off my car amp. So I dont have too much strain.

Might wanna consider an Optima yellow top too.

I heard of alot of guys useing the blue top optimas. They said the Marine ones have better cranking amps and are more powerful. Your opinon?

blue is for marine.. Slow discharge.. Not really good for autos..

yellow is what you would want to use for your truck..

Back