Does Ford Have an All-Purpose SYNC Fix? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does Ford Have an All-Purpose SYNC Fix?

tbradshaw

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
I've read and searched a ton and have not seen something like this talked about: Can Ford install/upload a new SYNC system to fix one with issues?

I just bought at 2015 XLT with SYNC issues: Nothing playing through a phone...connected either through USB or bluetooth...plays out of the system. No phone calls. No streaming music. No phone-based music. Whatever is playing on the phone shows up on the SYNC screen and the play/pause, jump track controls all appear to work. Just no sound. AM/FM both work fine. The dealer I bought from is promising that he will get it fixed through the same ownership group's Ford dealership (they're also replacing the intermittent backup cam). Can Ford easily make this happen?

Thanks.

Ford comes out periodically with software updates to fix certain issues. These updates should show on your account as being available for downloading when they are issued. What is the Sync build number you have? Just wondering if it is up-to-date. It may not fix any of the issues but you should always have the latest version. You can try doing a Master Reset to see if that helps. It will result in the loss of saved memory settings. It would seem that all your issues are phone related in one way or another. Have you tried repairing the phone with the vehicle's system?
If you disconnect the phone, does everything work the way it is supposed to?

Peter

Ford comes out periodically with software updates to fix certain issues. These updates should show on your account as being available for downloading when they are issued. What is the Sync build number you have? Just wondering if it is up-to-date. It may not fix any of the issues but you should always have the latest version. You can try doing a Master Reset to see if that helps. It will result in the loss of saved memory settings. It would seem that all your issues are phone related in one way or another. Have you tried repairing the phone with the vehicle's system?
If you disconnect the phone, does everything work the way it is supposed to?

Peter
Thanks, Peter. I've done all of the resets, restarts, unpair, re-pair of both SYNC and phones (android and apple) including disconnecting the battery. Ford's SYNC site said to update SYNC which I did with a thumb drive (SYNC immediately said the update had already been completed...not really sure what that means). Stumped.

If you take the phone out of the equation, does everything (radio, navigation, Sync) seem to work as it is supposed to?

Peter

Back