Dynamic Diode 4300k Kit 2014 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dynamic Diode 4300k Kit 2014 Explorer Sport

irl4512

Reaction score
City, State
Grimes, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Ordered and installed the 4300k kit from Dynamic Diodes in my 2014 Explorer Sport. The stock headlights are SO BAD, and I wanted the upgrade in brightness so my wife felt safe driving this thing at night.

My first experience with a HID kit was from coolbulbs.com, and it was terrible. The "kit" included ballasts and bulbs, and that's it. Only one of the bulbs worked even after I switched the ballasts around. The one bulb that did work flickered like crazy. I sent the product back to Andrew at coolbulbs.com, and he was only willing to give me partial credit because, as he listed on the paypal return "customer changed mind." Changed mind about what? Wanting BOTH bubls to work instead of only one? He claimed that the kit worked when they tested it, so it couldn't be resold. Convenient. :thumbdwn:

Anyway, back to the Dynamic Diodes kit. Packaging was professional looking and protective. The kit included the bulbs, ballasts, relay, adhesives, zip ties, and other nuts/bolts. With these parts, and some zip ties and 3M tape of my own, I was able to install everything in just over an hour, with what I consider a no-brainer upgrade to the 2013 to 2015 Explorer Sports. Sorry the first image is not rotated properly...couldn't figure that out. That picture was taken right on startup. The bulbs turn a more white color the longer they are on, even with a hint of blue you might find in the 6000k kit. There might be a touch of yellow also, but like I said, I was going for brightness, not looks. Mission accomplished.

29egopj.jpg

eosuc.jpg

2z5tzdw.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same kit as mine, I agree great product. Will use them again if required. Although the 16MY is going to have LED's so likely wont be doing anymore upgrades.

I bought this kit but haven't installed yet. Seems my install looks a lot more involved with the relay, cancellers, etc. did you find a good online step by step for this?

Ordered and installed the 4300k kit from Dynamic Diodes in my 2014 Explorer Sport. The stock headlights are SO BAD, and I wanted the upgrade in brightness so my wife felt safe driving this thing at night.

My first experience with a HID kit was from coolbulbs.com, and it was terrible. The "kit" included ballasts and bulbs, and that's it. Only one of the bulbs worked even after I switched the ballasts around. The one bulb that did work flickered like crazy. I sent the product back to Andrew at coolbulbs.com, and he was only willing to give me partial credit because, as he listed on the paypal return "customer changed mind." Changed mind about what? Wanting BOTH bubls to work instead of only one? He claimed that the kit worked when they tested it, so it couldn't be resold. Convenient. :thumbdwn:

Anyway, back to the Dynamic Diodes kit. Packaging was professional looking and protective. The kit included the bulbs, ballasts, relay, adhesives, zip ties, and other nuts/bolts. With these parts, and some zip ties and 3M tape of my own, I was able to install everything in just over an hour, with what I consider a no-brainer upgrade to the 2013 to 2015 Explorer Sports. Sorry the first image is not rotated properly...couldn't figure that out. That picture was taken right on startup. The bulbs turn a more white color the longer they are on, even with a hint of blue you might find in the 6000k kit. There might be a touch of yellow also, but like I said, I was going for brightness, not looks. Mission accomplished.

29egopj.jpg

eosuc.jpg

2z5tzdw.jpg

I installed mine yesterday and have to say I'm happy with the result. The only down side is that I ordered a relay kit with them (at the suggestion of their website) only to find out during the install I actually didn't need it. Unfortunately I waited more than 30 days to do the install so they won't refund me for the relay - just a store credit which I doubt I'll need anytime soon.

Its $40 bucks but with the crappy exchange on our dollar, it feels like a fafillion!

Same kit as mine, I agree great product. Will use them again if required. Although the 16MY is going to have LED's so likely wont be doing anymore upgrades.

The 2016+ LED's are awesome ... beats the 2011-2015 HID conversions for sure.

Back