• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Dual Exhaust

loanshark04

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I want dual exhaust for my '92 explorer so bad, but Dogman sayed something about how dual exhaust can decrease the power and mpg of your explorer if not installed right. is that true? i wouldnt install it myself, i would take it to a shop. does anyone strongly discourage me from purchasing 2 Flow 40 Non-Delta mufflers and getting a shop to install them? Someone who had dual exhaust sayed the got it for $250 and it looks so much more powerfull, does it give more power to your truck than a single-side exit? Also, does getting dual exhaust prevent you from going off-road bc you might bend your pipes? is the single-side exit more suited for off road travel? thanks

-Eric

I'm not sure about the offroading questions but some people say that with the V6, you will lose low end torque with a dual setup. I have the V8 and I gained horsepower, torque, and gas mileage.

Well now you will have an opinion from a V8 and a V6. I have the SOHC and I was expecting to see a decrease in torque but I didn't notice anything different... I can still beat my friends V8 :bounce: I only have one muffler so I would attribute that to not losing much back pressure. Mileage stayed the same and I noticed a little HP improvement.

Back