Explorer Northface is like which US model? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Northface is like which US model?

BIGHVM

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
UK, Richmond, Surrrey.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Northface
I have recently bought a 2000 Northface, this model was made for Europe and the name comes from some association with a company that makes outdoor and leisure clothing, I understand!

what I want to know is which US version is it most like?

The Northface I bought has body coloured bumpers and grill and is one colour, in my case I believe it is called charcoal green.
In addition to this it has, leather seats with seperate headrests, the seats have built in side airbags in addition to the usual drivers and passenger air bags, leather trimmed door panels, double sunvisors with illuminated mirrors, electric memory, heated seats, centre consol with armrest lid on the storage box, compass with twin interior beam map lights built in the roof above the mirror, a/c, 7000 radio with 6 disk changer mounted in the right rear boot panel, electric lumber adjustment in seats, 5 speed auto box floor mounted change and the usual 4litre v6, 206bhp engine, and front fog lamps.

If any US Explorer is similar let me know out of interest, it seems that there are several versions in the US, but over here, not many Explorers around, mostly XLT models, I have seen a 2 door sport and the Northface model. We have no chance of getting anything newer than 2nd generation, upto 2001, as Ford has stopped the supply some time ago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like all the options in a "Limited" Explorer

It seems to be styled like a Limited Explorer but seems to have the same name approach as Eddie Bauer Explorers. But the paint scheme and rims are the same as a Limited Explorer.

Sounds like a hybrid?

They actualy have the same name

I was once about to buy an 02 or 03 ST(not really sure of the year 'cause I didn't get it :p) and had the logo on the headrest and on the tailgate, not sure what the different options were, I just know that the price difference was ~4K over my budget hehe

Back