expo5.0 going to the body shop and paint booth... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

expo5.0 going to the body shop and paint booth...

Cool, can't wait to see it! I think painting the moldings gives it a whole different look. I happy with the way mine came out. The only thing i dont like about it is that the bumper moldings have that rough texture to them and it looks a little funny with shiny paint on it, but I still think it looks better painted to match. Good luck with everything!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its done. check out a few pics from tonight in the elite explorer gallery. i will try and get some real good ones later.

d

Attachments

• sideviewq.jpg
    sideviewq.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 373

looks great! what did you do for the back of the rear fenders where the bumper comes around onto the body? its just white, it looks good!

Wow, looks great. Doesn't look like you have a rear bumper!

Looks really good! I love that look. What did you use to paint the interior? Do you have any other pics of the escape? Do you tow that boat off your bumper? Nice boat BTW.

more/better pics of all three will be forthcoming. the interior i used vht color penetrating dye, there's a thread in the sport truck interior thingy about it. thanks for the compliments

f

Attachments

• rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 333

s

Attachments

• threequarter.jpg
    threequarter.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 323

Remember earlier in this thread when I thought maybe the black on the rear bumper would clash with the white? I WAS WRONG! Drew, looks great man. Even though I know you tow, with those new quarter panels on there, a rollpan looks even more possible. Hats off to your body shop man.

Back