• Register Today It's free!

Factory cargo cover is a POS

Jimmy-B

Reaction score
City, State
Falls Church, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Got my cargo cover fitted at the dealer yesterday. I've removed it already and can't see myself using it again.

Why? because it's a cheap POS which takes several minutes to fit and remove. When you use the third row on a semi regular basis, like we do, it's just not worth the hassle. And the clips at the sides will eventually scratch the trim panels - I'd rather not damage my new Ex.

:thumbdwn:

On the up-side, the mud flaps and roof rails are nice.

Got my cargo cover fitted at the dealer yesterday. I've removed it already and can't see myself using it again.

Why? because it's a cheap POS which takes several minutes to fit and remove. When you use the third row on a semi regular basis, like we do, it's just not worth the hassle. And the clips at the sides will eventually scratch the trim panels - I'd rather not damage my new Ex.

:thumbdwn:

On the up-side, the mud flaps and roof rails are nice.

Jimmy,

Sorry you wasted the money on it but I'm glad you posted the issues with it.

I don't put anythin worth stealing in the back, so it just sits in the back all folded up.

On a related note (sort of), do any of you know if there is an integrated cargo barrier for the new Ex? I have this feature on my XC70 and find it useful. It's a solid piece that attaches to hardware on the interior near the headliner above the 2nd row seat back, sits up along ceiling when not needed and swings down when you want it there.

(http://www.volvowholesaleparts.com/...nfo&PartID=374361&siteid=213784&catalogid=662)

Back