Factory Fog lights only have power when low beams are on??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Fog lights only have power when low beams are on???

Guido0136

Reaction score
City, State
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Hello: I finally was able to install after market fog lights on my 94 XLT. The factory ones did not come with the truck when I bought it.
My question is this; how can I make power go to the lights with out the low beams on. At the moment power only goes to them when the low beams are on. Every thing is stock except for the actual light assembly.

Thank you,

G.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These all seem to be for Gen 2 and 3. Is there a thread for Gen 1. I know only a few models had this factory option.

Thank you,

There should be a red wire (with black stripe) on the back of the foglamp switch (power from the lo-beams), cut that wire and wire the switch into an alternate 12V source so the switch has power when you want it.

(this is how my '94 Ranger is, an Ex should be the same)

my 93 didnt come with fog lights or a switch so I found one and cut the dash in the factory location and installed a factory switch. ran wire to an alternative power source so that I can have the lights on when i want, tapped into the indicator lamp power wire for the rear defrost switch so that my fog light switch lights up when the rest of the dash lights come on. I have extra switches with the wire plug ins if anyone is interested.

Back