Failed to Find Cause of Lean Conditions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Failed to Find Cause of Lean Conditions

For the time being I'd rough up the cracked area of the pipe with fine sandpaper, cover it with epoxy, and seal the leaking connection with sensor-safe RTV sealant (if you happened to already have these two items). That should completely seal it till you hunt down a replacement. Heh, that might last long term too.

For the time being I'd rough up the cracked area of the pipe with fine sandpaper, cover it with epoxy, and seal the leaking connection with sensor-safe RTV sealant (if you happened to already have these two items). That should completely seal it till you hunt down a replacement. Heh, that might last long term too.
Other than the leak at the air duct, I handled the crack and the valve cover, I put a clamp on the valve cover end after wrapping it with electrical tape, I've done the tape thing before as an emergency fix and it works pretty well. My fuel economy has improved greatly, and it's starting easier now and runs smooth for the most part at idle, so I've made progress.

Okay, so, update to this thread, the vacuum leak didn't do much, it did some, but my trims were still bad, so, I decided it was something failing that would finally be bad soon, and sure enough, today, it was, carried it to have a tire fixed, no big deal, just a valve stem, got back in to leave, really hard start, finally started, ran rough, died, hit key again, fired right off, so, home it went, changed filter again, same thing, just wasn't right, so, out with the pressure tester, checked fuel pressure, running, it's 44 PSI, if you cycle the key three times it'll make 46 PSI, you can start the car, run it a bit, cut it off, repeat test, and it'll be in between 60-70 PSI, so, bad fuel pump with intermittent failure, nothing like parts that test good when you test them once but actually aren't good.

Back