• Register Today It's free!

First Post building 01 sport

joeyha000

Reaction score
City, State
East Greenwich, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport SOHC
Ok so this is my first post this is really just for advice and to get rid of that little notice that keeps saying i haven't posted yet. Now three weeks ago i was driving a 96 bronco xlt. My dad passed away and my stepmom told me that i should have his truck an 01 explorer sport. This was my dads baby so i figured the best thing to do would be to finish doing all the things that he planned to do to it.

So far he's done...
-4 new tires 255-75-16
-K&N Cold air intake
-Front Bull Bar with two Hella lights
-New white gauge kit
-70mm Throttle body
-4 new speaker
-12 in Subwoofer and Amp
-New Radio and Satellite Radio
-Fender Flares(only on front)
-All new led bulbs(backup lights, under side mirror lights, license plate lights, etc.)
-Full tune-up (plugs wires etc.)
-Engine dress-up including painted cover braided hose and colored wire loom for a better look.

Now that i've had the truck for a few weeks already i've needed the starter and battery replaced...

So I've...
-Replaced Starter
-Replaced Battery
-Installed the new Warrior shackles(only leveled the truck out from the sag)
-Ordered body lift(in but not installed)
-Ordered Add-A-Leaf(Back ordered from company expected in 6-8 weeks)

the plan once the lift is done is to put some 285-75-16 or 295-75-16 tires on i haven't decided yet I'm pretty sure i can fit the 295's but correct me if im wrong. I'm twenty and have a son so i don't have the greatest amount of time to spend on the truck and i'm really more of a backyard mechanic so my knowledge only extends so far, but that however does not mean that I'm not willing to do the research to try something new. So please I'm looking for any tips, advice, feedback, and yes i have done research around on ideas so i don't get yelled at lol. Thanks for the help guys and pictures will follow soon.

Back