First time post.. Just ordered '12 EX Limited! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First time post.. Just ordered '12 EX Limited!

Falcor00

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Hey all! Long time reader. First big thanks for the entire forum for providing really useful posts, content, and research. Been looking for a SUV for the past 3 mo's. After test driving all kinds, my wife and I kept comparing back to the explorer.... SO... put this bad boy order in on 10/10/2011.

2012 Ford Explorer Limited FWD
Tuxedo Black exterior
Medium Light Stone interior
301A Equip package
Ecoboost
2nd Row Bucket Seats
2nd Row Console

Really excited! Interesting side note... I originally ordered just 'black' but after putting in the order the inventory manager came back and said 'black' had been balanced out for the year; basically no more '12's being made with just black. I was offered to switch to Tuxedo Black and I did. Understood that the Japan earthquake caused problems with supply of Tuxedo Black until recently.

What do I do from here besides waiting patiently? Would like to be able to get updates regarding the status and progress of my build! Thanks everyone!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all! Long time reader. First big thanks for the entire forum for providing really useful posts, content, and research. Been looking for a SUV for the past 3 mo's. After test driving all kinds, my wife and I kept comparing back to the explorer.... SO... put this bad boy order in on 10/10/2011.

2012 Ford Explorer Limited FWD
Tuxedo Black exterior
Medium Light Stone interior
301A Equip package
Ecoboost
2nd Row Bucket Seats
2nd Row Console

Really excited! Interesting side note... I originally ordered just 'black' but after putting in the order the inventory manager came back and said 'black' had been balanced out for the year; basically no more '12's being made with just black. I was offered to switch to Tuxedo Black and I did. Understood that the Japan earthquake caused problems with supply of Tuxedo Black until recently.

What do I do from here besides waiting patiently? Would like to be able to get updates regarding the status and progress of my build! Thanks everyone!

If you get your order number and dealer number and ask Cory, he can often help you get a VIN (when available, that you can start to track). Generally give it a couple of weeks, before he can help you.

Congratulations, btw :)

Thanks! Sent a note to Cory... it's been a couple days without response.

Hoping for some good incentives for Dec!

Thanks! Sent a note to Cory... it's been a couple days without response.

Hoping for some good incentives for Dec!

I'm hoping for December incentives too :) For what it is worth, I ordered mind mid September and Cory still hasn't been able to provide info, as car not yet scheduled for production.

Your mileage may vary of course, as I'm in Canada, and scheduling is dependent on what you order too.

Took about two months for mine....
Black was runing four months so I went with the blue and happy I did becuase I ended up loving the color and the wait time went by quicker. Just got her on October 5th...

The X is well worth the wait. It's an awesome SUV! You'll love it...

Back