Flush mount pod lights to front bumper of 19 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flush mount pod lights to front bumper of 19 explorer

Medic531

Reaction score
City, State
Moore, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer 4x4 XLT
Hey guys It has been a while since I have posted but glad to be back. Not sure if I made a previous post about my 19 explorer I got after my 15 model got totaled by hail storm here in OK in 19. I had a push bumper with scene light on the front and this explorer is silver with XLT package and push bumper would look too ugly.
I want front scene lighting again when im out storm chasing on dark rainy country roads. Since I rather not add a push bumper again I was thinking about adding some flush mount Pioneers or some other bright good quality brand of lights to the front bumper. I have never seen this before on anyones explorer. Not even sure if there would be room to do this. I would likely have someone do it this time.

Has anyone thought of this?
Do you think it will look too gody?

I also want to remove the front license plate holder on the front bumper but I would then have three holes in the bumper and with it being silver i dont have anything to match to cover the holes like I did on my 15 black model.

Have you seen this thread? 5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar
As for the holes left in the bumper, why not just get plugs that fit and paint them the same colour as the Explorer?
Is the bracket not attached to the black portion of the bumper like in this thread? DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal!

Peter

Ill take a look at that thread and as far as the license plate bracket it has points of attachment on both the black and the painted bumper on this model.

EDIT: First link you posted doesn't really fit what i'm wanting related to this original post. Most of the photos in that thread aren't loading either so it's hard to tell what people have done. Most of those are from the older body style. I am wanting input on surface mount lights to the front bumper.

Back