• Register Today It's free!

Ford Blue Advantage Gold question

InsidiousGT

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Ecoboost 2l
I'm getting conflicting information from my dealer on the Gold program for my 2017 explorer (50k miles). At one point they said as long as you pay the $270 and get it Gold certified you are covered under the factory powertrain warranty.

The service dpt though is saying that the cert fee does nothing for you, after that you have to purchase one of the dealers service plans which are like $2800 bucks.

Anyone know what the deal is here? I bought the car from a non-Ford dealer, am I completely out of warranty even though its only 50k miles on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You’re out of free warranty, I’d think. It goes to 5 years or 60,000.

If you wanted a longer warranty for free you probably shouldn’t have picked the Ford, or worked out an extended warranty wherever you bought it.

I'm getting conflicting information from my dealer on the Gold program for my 2017 explorer (50k miles). At one point they said as long as you pay the $270 and get it Gold certified you are covered under the factory powertrain warranty.

The service dpt though is saying that the cert fee does nothing for you, after that you have to purchase one of the dealers service plans which are like $2800 bucks.

Anyone know what the deal is here? I bought the car from a non-Ford dealer, am I completely out of warranty even though its only 50k miles on it?
As Mbrooks420 posted, the OEM powertrain warranty is 5 years, 60k miles. Apparently the Gold certification extends the powertrain warranty to 7 years, 100k miles, whichever comes first. Since I had never heard of it before, I did a search on it and found;
The Ford Blue Advantage Gold Certified Powertrain Limited Warranty provides coverage for seven years from the original Ford New-Vehicle Limited Warranty start date or a total of 100,000 miles on the odometer, whichever comes first.
So you would be extending the current warranty by 2 years, 40k miles. Also, I would not buy a Ford ESP from a dealer. See Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

Peter

Yea thats my question though, I took it in to get it Gold Certified, they told me the certified does nothing, it doesn't actually get you into the program. They said the only way to add any further warranty is to buy one.

I think they are just doing shady dealer stuff. I was hoping someone knew exactly how the Gold Certified worked and had experience getting one.

Back