Ford Flex rear seats installed, need help finding 1 part | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Flex rear seats installed, need help finding 1 part

DHG2496

Reaction score
City, State
Fruitport, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
14 Explorer PIU 3.5EB
hey everyone. I scored a full 2nd row and 3rd row set of leather seats out of 2010 flex from the local junk yard for dirt cheap. The reason for the good deal was that someone stripped most of the electrical connectors and wires that could be easily unplugged. These seats were the power third row so had to use a jump box to power, move and unlatch them, so a huge pain to get them out, hence the price.

I got the seats installed, I have the switches but can’t find the part number for the electrical wiring that goes from the switches to the seats. I found this on eBay for the explorer but don’t know if it’s the same for the flex. I searched for the flex part but can’t seem to find it on a parts site.im sure it’s in there just not where I’d expect to find it in the parts guide. If anyone knows if this will work or the correct part for flex seats please let me know. Thanks!
FORD EXPLORER REAR THIRD 3RD ROW POWER SEAT WIRE HARNESS OEM 2013 - 2018 ✔️ | eBay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That site shows part numbers for the harness. Why not use the following site to see if it will work for you. Shop For Parts By Year | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
You can pull up the Flex and Explorer PIU to see if there are similarities in the part numbers.

Peter
Thanks for the advice, but I’ve looked through that site and a couple others and can’t seem to locate the wiring part for the third row power seats. Foe example if you go to Body>Third row seats, they only show seats w/o power. I did manage to find the powered seats under Electrical>Power Seats and can find the trim panel and switch but no cable to connect the seats. It’s just really odd, but I’m sure it’s buried in there somewhere. I’ll keep looking.

Why not just search the part numbers on that parts site that are shown on the site you linked?

Peter

I was in a huge hurry to get them installed while I had extra hands during family Christmas party so I didn’t get to document the process as much as O wanted. I can take more or answer questions if you have any. Theses seats were in a wrecked flex that had been stripped of its wiring so the 3rd row can only be moved by running power to the motors for now. Still Working on getting the correct wiring harnesses for the seats. All in in took 3 hours to get the seats out (due to the lack of power) and took another 4-5 to tear out the old interior bench and PIU bracing and then transplant the seats and belts. Had I been home with my own tools and a little And power and wiring available I could probably shave a couple hours off the process.

Captain seat from 2nd row before install
e2533424-c412-496b-836c-0f5e08570f81.jpeg

I got the 2nd role console with the cooler but traded it with my brother who had a flex without the cooler. He had power for it and I didn’t so it made sense. We just swapped lids, but it bolts right in and helps hold the rubber floor down.
3684c8b8-71fd-4708-a8ee-aa58b3dd91c0-e1579834190514.jpeg

Got the 2nd row bolted in and started on test fitting 3rd row
db834ab3-1655-4a54-88c8-27e0ed9c4dc7.jpeg

1afbb19a-7f24-48b5-a250-3d1271e58668.jpeg

Full size spare even squeezes under the 3rd row. Not sure that I’ll do this long term but for now it works.
f28601c3-b370-4be0-a64d-71d7b541ec10-e1579834476305.jpeg

Here is it more or less buttoned up. One important note. I used the flex 3rd row belts. I saw the grommets in the body and slots in the body panel and thought they’d bolt right in. Turns out there were metal sleeves for the bolts but they weren’t threaded so I had to run to auto zone and get the tools to tap them before I could bolt them in. Also no pic it the inner quarter panels fit almost perfect except the seemed to get hung up on the Latch system brackets so I just in bolted those.

004f9d19-7d77-41d9-b91f-ee807268d7f3-e1579834723764.jpeg

Sorry for any typos on the above notes. Just did that on my iPhone. I’m copying this over to the blog I started here Rear Seat Upgrade

If anyone has other write ups or how to articles and pictures they want me to add just let me know.

Oh interesting. It looks like you were able to keep your full size spare with those seats. Nice PIU, i have the same color in a '16 EB. We are a rare breed apparently since only 4% of the PIUs made were EB models.

Edit: Oh MAN, you have a CTS-V wagon?!?!? Current obtainable dream car right there...

Oh interesting. It looks like you were able to keep your full size spare with those seats. Nice PIU, i have the same color in a '16 EB. We are a rare breed apparently since only 4% of the PIUs made were EB models.

Edit: Oh MAN, you have a CTS-V wagon?!?!? Current obtainable dream car right there...

cool. I haven’t seen too many 16+ in MI blue. Yes the spare fits under the seats. Just can’t fold the seats like you could with a donut but I’d rather have the full size spare.

And yes the V was my obtainable dream car. The explorer is an attempt to preserve it. I was driving it year round in Michigan for the last few years.

cool. I haven’t seen too many 16+ in MI blue. Yes the spare fits under the seats. Just can’t fold the seats like you could with a donut but I’d rather have the full size spare.

And yes the V was my obtainable dream car. The explorer is an attempt to preserve it. I was driving it year round in Michigan for the last few years.

I hope it doesnt rust away. My old Escalade EXT lived part of its life in wisconsin, and even with weekly washes including undercarraige, the salt at right through several body panels.

Here is my '16

F2zdCAd.jpg

Back