Ford profits zoom to $100 Million

Flandry

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Sport
Sun Wire Services

DEARBORN, Mich.--Ford Motor Co. surprised Wall Street yesterday with a first-quarter profit of $100 million US as strong results from Europe and South America helped offset the impact of a slumping U.S. economy that cut car and truck sales. The No. 2 U.S.-based automaker also said its latest round of early retirement and buyout offers axed 4,200 hourly workers, fewer than targeted.

It was the company's first profitable quarter since the second quarter of 2007, when it earned $750 million. Ford reported a full-year loss of $2.7 billion last year.

Bloomberg Story

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a friend who works at S&C Ford (San Francisco) And he says alot of quality vehicles will be out in '09. He says they are getting rid of the focus, the F150 is gonna be great.. I know this isnt news but He works on these cars all day and hes a chevy guy

Hmmm, guess Ford isn't going out of business after all. Nice recovery.

What will replace the Focus? The Fiesta (Euro version) is coming back but not until 2010, and it is smaller than the Focus, to compete with the "B" cars: Versa, Fit, Yaris, Scion.

Bob

Saw the 09 F150 at the auto show. Has a lot of the Super Duty features. Very sweet! It will be even sweeter if it gets a diesel option.

With diesel prices the way they are it's a wonder that so many manufacturers are trying to bring so many diesels to the states...

With diesel prices the way they are it's a wonder that so many manufacturers are trying to bring so many diesels to the states...

Hmmmm.... more torque, up to a 50% increase in fuel economy and an engine that will last a million miles if maintained properly.

Saw the 09 F150 at the auto show. Has a lot of the Super Duty features. Very sweet! It will be even sweeter if it gets a diesel option.

I heard something about a "baby powerstroke" motor for the F150.

2010-Ford-F_150-Diesel.jpg

Sources at Ford's recent dealer's meeting recently revealed plans for a 4.4-liter V8 diesel, and we caught the first mules earlier today! The dual exhaust off to the side is the number one give-a-way to the true identity of this test mule. Our spies are telling us to expect about 340-horsepower and (and torque at 430 lb-ft.). After the launch of the 4.4-liter in the F150, the powerplant will appear in the Expedition, Navigator, E-Series Vans and Super Duty trucks. Photo Credit: Brian Williams for Brenda Priddy & Company...

Also rumored is a 7-lug heavy payload F-150... Keep faith in your Ford, they're trying... ;)

Hello

It would be nice if they would bring the 3.0L powerstroke here also. Thats something I would buy for the B2.

igiveup

I have a friend who works at S&C Ford (San Francisco) And he says alot of quality vehicles will be out in '09. He says they are getting rid of the focus, the F150 is gonna be great.. I know this isnt news but He works on these cars all day and hes a chevy guy

Not bashing you but I highly doubt they will get rid of the Focus. Especially not with gas prices being what they are. There are tons of new Focus' on the road here already and the dealers can't keep them on the lot hardly.

Back