Ford's MFT "Program" through Dec 2011 is for ONE UPDATE ONLY? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford's MFT "Program" through Dec 2011 is for ONE UPDATE ONLY?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I mean, is there anyone who owns a vehicle with MFT (any version) that doesn't have problems of some sort?

Me.

Well, I guess I have a "problem" in that my phone data does not turn the car into a hot spot via USB. But considering what I read, I must have gotten some super secret experimental MFT since I don't have the wait times, indexing issues, voice problems, etc. And, I am on 2.4 still.

I have an update for everyone! I verified that that dealer-installed updates of MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch are covered under warranty once per update. For example, if you started off with version 2.4 and went to the dealer and your system was updated to 2.6, since we are now at 2.8, you would be able to take it in again for the current version. This includes any future dealer-installed updates covered under warranty. The key is, if you already received the update to 2.8 and try to have a different dealer install 2.8 again, this will not be covered under warranty.

As always, if you have any concerns, please feel free to call the SYNC Support team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) for troubleshooting. I hope this helps!

Cory

I have an update for everyone! I verified that that dealer-installed updates of MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch are covered under warranty once per update. For example, if you started off with version 2.4 and went to the dealer and your system was updated to 2.6, since we are now at 2.8, you would be able to take it in again for the current version. This includes any future dealer-installed updates covered under warranty. The key is, if you already received the update to 2.8 and try to have a different dealer install 2.8 again, this will not be covered under warranty.

As always, if you have any concerns, please feel free to call the SYNC Support team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) for troubleshooting. I hope this helps!

Cory

Thanks Cory :cool:
Good news indeed!

However, one question - do these free updates apply for the duration of the 3year 36k warranty, OR, just until the end of January when that special program expires? Based on your comment, I would guess the former, but I wanna be sure.

Cory

Cory, I am confused... There are two possible scenarios:

1. MFT not operating properly. Updating/upgrading either to a new version (i.e. 2.7 to 2.8) or re-flashing the same version (i.e. 2.8 to 2.8) are covered under warranty. The vehicle is not functioning properly and as such it must be serviced under the manufacturer's warranty, regardless of which dealer does the work.

2. MFT operating properly, but a new version becomes available. In this case, I take it to the dealer for an update and because I have never updated, the dealer does the update (i.e. 2.7 to 2.8). If I understand you correctly, when the next update becomes available (i.e. 2.9), I can update again under this program. And, when the next update becomes available (i.e. 2.10), I can go to the dealer yet again and update under this program.

Please confirm the above.

Jose

Cory, I'd also like more clarification. I had 2.7 updated to 2.8 under warranty. However I'm now having issues with 2.8. Twice now the sound has stopped playing from my ipod. It shows the timer going along with the title and artist but no sound. The 1st time it just lasted a day, this time it's been 5 days and still going. AM/FM/Sirius all work fine.

So based on your info, I'd be charged if they have to reflash 2.8 again? This makes zero sense that a customer would be charged to reflash it again. Infact, why would any customer request to be reflashed with the latest version again UNLESS there is clearly a functionality issue going on.

Hey guys,

I looked into this and found that because Ford's warranty coverage is dependent on a variety of specific factors, it’s difficult to make blanket statements regarding circumstances which may or may not be covered. Please contact the SYNC Support team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3), and they will make every effort to help you directly with your specific experience.

Cory

Back