FORScan Help for 2016 XLT Sync 3 Upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FORScan Help for 2016 XLT Sync 3 Upgrade

idesi1

Reaction score
City, State
Houston TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Howdy!
sorry for posting about Sync 3 but my question is bit specific. Since there are so many threads and seems i run into a rabbit hole everytime I screen into.
I upgraded my 2016 Explorer XLT (with BLM, heated seat package) to Sync 3 (3.4ver.)
This Sync 3 was purchased from another Explorer owner. Everything went well with install n stuff but I am now in ForScan stage.
These are some issues I have after upgrade.
- I see heated n cooled seat options on my Sync 3 which I dont have cool seats,
- I cant change Temp controls,
- No voice of Apple Maps,
- I dont see the Ford Navigation/Map tab even thought I did install the GPS antenna properly.
- Steering wheel volume buttons dont work properly.

I have dowloaded all the forscan software n have the dongle, have the exel sheet for forscan code but before I execute I want to know what codes I will need to fix the issues I have.
Following are my questions a would like some guidance on how to proceed.

1) what I understand I need a 2017+ VIN for XLT model in order to have correct version of features installed!! right or wrong?
2) R there any specific codes which I need to use after the sync upgrade?

TIA
Shad

Howdy!
sorry for posting about Sync 3 but my question is bit specific. Since there are so many threads and seems i run into a rabbit hole everytime I screen into.
I upgraded my 2016 Explorer XLT (with BLM, heated seat package) to Sync 3 (3.4ver.)
This Sync 3 was purchased from another Explorer owner. Everything went well with install n stuff but I am now in ForScan stage.
These are some issues I have after upgrade.
- I see heated n cooled seat options on my Sync 3 which I dont have cool seats,
- I cant change Temp controls,
- No voice of Apple Maps,
- I dont see the Ford Navigation/Map tab even thought I did install the GPS antenna properly.
- Steering wheel volume buttons dont work properly.

I have dowloaded all the forscan software n have the dongle, have the exel sheet for forscan code but before I execute I want to know what codes I will need to fix the issues I have.
Following are my questions a would like some guidance on how to proceed.

1) what I understand I need a 2017+ VIN for XLT model in order to have correct version of features installed!! right or wrong?
2) R there any specific codes which I need to use after the sync upgrade?

TIA
Shad

I am having similar issues and it looks like PlatinumOwner's spreadsheet is no longer available. Anyone have access to it or similar comparing 2016 and 2017 explorers?

If you went from sync2 to sync3. You have to add code using forscan. I paid 60.00 for the code from a guy on the internet. There are more blocks on the sync3 and have to be added. He needed my vin number and gives instructions to add.

sync3programming.com is the website

Back