Found four PIU this week at local parts yards | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found four PIU this week at local parts yards

dna1776

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU
Callsign
W3UFF
Just a heads up for anyone in the Boise area, I ran across four PIU vehicles at a local wrecking yard. Two are 2013, one 2014 and last week a 2017 showed up. All have had serious collisions. All are 3.7L powerplants. Three were city patrol units, one was a sheriff rig. Probably not much freeway usage as the highway patrol rigs ( like the one I recently acquired in Utah.). I will probably pull some items to put in the spare parts dept. I saw a new starter on one of the the 3.7 motors. I also got some new front rotors and pads from the 2014 on the last trip. These will be used until the StopTech kit arrives at end of this month. Was thinking about grabbing the PTU from the 2017, if they don't want too much for it. Don't need it, but might be a good addition for the parts dept. Someone mentioned in another thread that this year had some notable improvements. Might be of value to tear it down and see what has happened to the key components after four years of patrol duty. The PTU assemblies are still on the other PIUs at this yard. All appear to have the ext. cooling heat exchangers. That's it for now. Cheers ~ Dave

What’s the name of the place?

What’s the name of the place?
It's called Trusty's Pick-a-Part
5517 Cleveland Blvd.
Caldwell, Idaho
208-453-8888

....near the super walmart shopping center

Back