Found the towing pkg today, question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found the towing pkg today, question

joekd

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
Was really looking at the 2005 and found out we have the towing pkg, this is the class iii/iv hitch and the 3.73 gears

To say the least we may never use them (only trailer likely to be hooked up is a 4x8 utility trailer) but I am wondering how to use the power connector

The power connector is round and has spots for electric brakes and such, how would I use a typical flat 4 connector?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool, didn't even know the adapters existed

May check my local stores since I need to pick up a plug as well (wife thinks it needs to be covered because it has a spec or two of rust on the inside of th ebox)

I bought an adapter just like that at Camping World. They probably have them cheaper at Wal Mart though.

Pikced up a plug cover for the box and the adapter at the local tractor supply store today at lunch, bought both with a $20 bill in my pocket and had change for a stop at Subway

Thanks for the help

Back