Front and back park lamps | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front and back park lamps

ibmp200

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ranger XL
I have wanted to disable the park lamps in my 2007 Ranger, and recently found that there is a fuse in the passenger area behind the kick panel. I pulled this fuse (20 ampere), in location 31. This is for the front and rear park lamps, license plate lamps, dimmer switch and trailer tow park lamps.

I really just want to effect the park lamps and nothing else. Especially not the dash dimming. I want to be able to see the instrument cluster during night driving. Removing this fuse disables the illumination of the cluster area.

How do I disable just the park lamps while turning the headlamp control knob to only engage the headlamps? Is there some wire work I need to do to disable these lamps and still keep the panel dimming control available? How do I effect only the park lamps? Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your parking lamps are also your turn signals.
You need those, unless you're an A$$ who never signals his turn.

well when i pulled the fuse, and tested headlights and turn signals and they all worked, but the park lamps did not illuminate

easy way: cut the appropriate wire at each bulb. But don't cut the wire that powers the "Blinking" or the ground wire.

easy way: cut the appropriate wire at each bulb. But don't cut the wire that powers the "Blinking" or the ground wire.

id rather not 'cut' the wires, how do i find out which wires are for what, so i can just pull out the connecting lead in the light plug thingy?

I finally figured it out, using my Ford Workshop Manual, and which pins in the light plugs to pull out. So that after replacing the fuse, and turning the switch, the lights don't illuminate. The park lamps are now disabled by pulling a few wires out of the plugs. And those are the only lamps that don't illuminate. It's quite nice

Back