front cross member along with other sas parts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front cross member along with other sas parts

hey guys, im in the process of drawing out my lastest project, a 92 ford explorer xlt 4x4, ok well im wanting to swap out stock front axle for a dana 44 from a wagoneer. im lookin to buy a front crossmember with the front shackles. and i also heard that i can just use ranger hangers and shackles for the rear leaf spring mount. any more info you guys can provide will help

if you dont go with hi-steer/ cross over then you should put a trac bar on there to keep the bump steer minimal at least on the road. That is why the waggys stock have a trac bar is for bump steer. With my cross over steering on my ranger I can hit a bump going 75 mph and it stays strait. better then it did with a rancho lift kit. without cross over it is going to be interesting to get the drag link to clear the passanger side spring on down travel.

I also lengthened my front driveshaft for $13 and my rear is stock. So take the money that you would spend on drivelines and use it to get your steering right.

Back