Front Differential Plug, UGH

SwaintaN

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Carey, Ohio (Georgia Grown)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
so i searched, i saw the breaker bar, heat it up, vices grips, BFG I saw all that, tried all that, still nothing, notta, tight as hell! Dont wanna round it off, any one know how to get that PITA out? if i do get it out and rounded it... can i replace it with any bolt same size/thread?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what are you heating with?? a plain propane probably dont have the guts to get enough heat into the damn thing, due to all the metal around it that soaks heat up like a sponge.

try MAP or if avail acyteline (ok, so I can't spell it, you get the drift)

map is great, hotter than propane, and works with standard propane screw on torches

i ended up getting it off, soaked it for another day with PG plbaster, big pipe wrench and started kicking the **** out of it, it came loose :-D

i had to use a 18" pipe wrench on mine a few years back.

lol PG, crap I meant PB, yeah its funny the tools we have to use :D got her all drained out and replaced with Synthetic Fluids, two things have been changed to syn fluid, have a few more, by the way, it sucks when the person before you had it filled to the point when u get the bolt out that it spewed all over my leg

good luck with your build. you should notice a bit more power an milage with the synthetics.
i wonder how the old owner manadge to get that much oil in the front diff, it only holds 1 1/2 liters. even on my car raps i could only get 1 1 /2 liters in my front diff.

not sure how they did it, cause we measured it back out, and it ended up being like 2.5 quarts of fluid, when i put back in just the oem amount

Back