Front door panel is being stubborn | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front door panel is being stubborn

Forder

Reaction score
City, State
West Point, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, '05 Altima 3.5
I tried searching on how to remove the front door panels on a '94 (and older), but all I could find was instructions (thurough, anyway) for a '95+. I've already removed the rear door panels, so I figured it'd be simular to those. But on the front, the handle peice is actually melted onto the door panel itself. So when I unscrewed it, it's still on there just as tight. Is there anyway I can get it off without breaking the plastic peices holding it on there? I've already cracked the panel a lil bit trying to pull it off :mad: ! It's very frustrating.. can anyone offer me some good instructions on how to remove it? Ideally without haveing to break off the door handle mount?

I'm not sure by your question if you are trying to remove the entire door panel from the door, or if you are trying to remove the door handle insert from the door panel. If you are trying to do the previous, there are three screws to remove- one by the windshield post and two under the door handle pull. Once those are removed, take a small screwdriver and insert between the door panel and the door in the lower outside corner. Once you have separated the panel from the door slide another screwdriver in and move up the door panel until you reach one of the plastic retainers. Use the screwdriver and pry the retainer away from the door, then move to the next retainer.

If you are looking to remove the door handle insert, the best way is to use a small grinder and grind the plastic tab down JUST enough to seperate the insert from the door panel.

Back