Full catback without the drone? 3.5 NA | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full catback without the drone? 3.5 NA

P

PIUtility

PI Utility exhaust systems....Full catback without the drone? 3.5 NA

Well, my exhaust system was trashed due to whatever reason, its no longer on my truck.... Since Im having to use insurance to replace everything, before ordering an OEM exhaust, does anyone have ANY suggestions for the non-Sport trucks? All the videos Ive seen sound like they all have some highway drone, and that most certainly will not do, especially for a K9 vehicle and 2 high-strung Malociraptors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Malociraptors - Love it! :)

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Magnaflow looks good, but all the videos on youtube seem to be a bit on the "boomy" side?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Magnaflow looks good, but all the videos on youtube seem to be a bit on the "boomy" side?

I just installed 2 Magnaflows on mine today (sport)..there is some highway drone..but you will get that with any aftermarket system

I just installed 2 Magnaflows on mine today (sport)..there is some highway drone..but you will get that with any aftermarket system

I assumed as much. How tolerable is it at 65-75? I'd wager a guess that the Sport would be a little more toned down with a larger resonator and ofcourse the turbos to take a little more of the edge off compared to the non-Ecoboost?

I assumed as much. How tolerable is it at 65-75? I'd wager a guess that the Sport would be a little more toned down with a larger resonator and ofcourse the turbos to take a little more of the edge off compared to the non-Ecoboost?

Right now i have a lot of road noise from my new tires..not sure why but i mean it's not bad at all IMO at those speeds...but any amount of gas or med accel on highway you will definably hear it

Looks like the PI Utes have the same exhaust as the Sports do, atleast from the downpipes-back. Guess that opens up the options a bit. Apparently the Corsa is touted as drown-free by Livernois, but not sure if I can convince insurance to pay for it over stock.

Back