Getting more and more upset..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting more and more upset.....

GTO4me

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 GTO
I just want to buy an X....dealer has screwed up and ordered the wrong X so I get to go through the entire order process twice. So far, here is the timeline. I took out names as not to blast people....but this sucks and no concessions have been made to accept the failure on the part of the dealer.

9-16: Order placed, not a real warm and fuzzy.
9-19: Salesman 1 called my wife back to confirm an order specification. The questions was specifically asking whether we wanted bucket seats. Wife confirmed that we did NOT want bucket seats in this order and if the car came with them, we would place a new order and not take the car. We went over this for over an hour on the 16th.

9-28: Called SM1 to try to get the order number. SM1 didn't know so he said he would call me back. No call received back that day.
10-3: Still no call from SM1, so I call again to retrieve order number and he said he would call me back in 15 minutes
SM1 calls back and gives me order number .
I forward this information over to Cory at Ford for some tracking assistance as SM1 is non-responsive
10-5: Ford emails back notifying me that a VIN has been assigned. Thanks to this website, I checked the window sticker to validate the order was placed correctly and found that the unit was ordered WITH BUCKET SEATS when we specifically mentioned multiple times that was not what we wanted. Also, that option was a $750 add on that we did not negotiate for. I called SM1 to notify him of his error and he says he will have to call me back to validate what I am saying is true. No call received back

10-10: SM1 calls me back and says that they are going to have to place a new order but to wait because his manager asked him to try and locate the vehicle before placing a new order. He calls me back asking if I would want to pay to ship a car 200 miles away in VA. I said no, place the new order and to please do it correctly this time and to call me back with the order number. No call.

10-11: Called SM1 to follow up on a new order number and he says its #####. At this time I asked what the dealership would have done if we had taken that car with the already negotiated price with no bucket seats. He said he was sure the dealership would have to make a concession on the $750. I told him the same concession should be made because of this timely mistake. I also mentioned that I heard x.. Fords advertisement about how they would double the factory incentive off of the $1000 which would total a $2000 incentive. I brought up that when we initially negotiated the lock-in, that the sales manager said that if the incentives go up, we would be able to get those but if they went down, we would still get the highest valued incentive. I said with all that has gone on here, I suggest you bring this up to the sales manager and figure out how to take an upset customer and turn him into a happy one.

10-17: No calls received, I called the dealership to find out that SM1 quit the dealership. I asked who took over handling his current customers and the lady had no clue. I was transferred to SM2 that said he would figure out what is going on and would call me back. No call.

10-18: Call the dealership and ask for Desk manager. Was told they were busy and I left a message. A manager left a VM that night saying to call him tomorrow morning.

10-19: sales manager calls saying the car would be here on the 25th of October. I had to remind sales manager that this was the car that was incorrectly ordered. He says he would call me back.
Sales manager calls back and said the car is not scheduled to be built. Bring up pricing issues and Sales manager brushes it off saying they will take care of it when the car comes here. Refuses to discuss.

10-27: Sales Manager calls me to let me know the car will not be here for another 4-5 weeks....

This is ridiculous. End of rant :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless you have only 1 Ford dealership in your area, I would suggest going to another dealer. You know that they incorrectly ordered your vehicle, they are unwilling/unable to call you back or negotiate, and the 2nd vehicle was never ordered. Sounds to me like you are going to continue to have problems.

yeah, i would definitely go to another dealer. not only did they not listen to you and what you were wanting on your vehicle....i mean, you freakin ORDERING it to spec. AND, why would YOU pay for one to be shipped from another dealer after THEY screwed up....just go to the other dealerhip that was offering 2x the incentives....wheni was getting my Ex, i taking with a sales guy at Dealership #1 for about 2 weeks, and the sales guy kept telling me the he'll call me back but never did.....so i went to dealership #2, never had a single problem with the sale process with them.

The little bit of silver lining is that the longer it takes until production, the more chances those minor issues have been worked out, or improvements put into place. :)

I love the optimism in this forum....refreshing.

I plan on dropping by tomorrow to renegotiate terms.

Dealer agreed to double the incentive on an X plan order. Im $200 over holdback including incentives and the car should be here in 3 weeks....getting a little better.

Dealer agreed to double the incentive on an X plan order. Im $200 over holdback including incentives and the car should be here in 3 weeks....getting a little better.

There you go! :) Congrats on the new pricing ... and that is fast delivery! You must have priority 1 :)

Thanks calb! I appreciate the positive reinforcement.

Back