Good thing i brought the Mounty in to the dealer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Good thing i brought the Mounty in to the dealer

shadowless127

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 EB AWD 5.0
Brought the mounty into the dealer because i had the notorious rear end whine, i was getting either hesitation or hard shifts into 3rd under light to moderate acceleration, my driver's side heated seat didnt work since i bought the truck, and some other things needed to be fixed.

Been keeping tabs on them and what they've been doing, and they had to do some serious work on the trans, and right now my rear end is in pieces while they await some parts. Apparently it was a REALLY good thing i took it in.

UNFORTUNETLY, they said i won't have it back till friday, and that's assuming the parts come in tomorrow. That wouldn't be too terrible if not for the fact I absolutely need it this weekend. So hopefully I'll get it back.

But on the bright side im getting most of my 60K tune up for free....free trans service, free diff service, free oil change. Now all I gotta do is the spark plugs/wires, and fuel filter.

Just got off the phone with the dealer.

Trans needed a new servo (which i figured) and the rear diff needed a new ring and pinion.

Hopefully i'll have it back tomorrow. Can't wait to get it back and see how nice it rides

did u get ur mounty back and does ride better now

did u get ur mounty back and does ride better now

I will HOPEFULLY be able to go pick it up after work this evening, can't wait to see the results.

Back