Got trouble codes pulled. Now how to fix them?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got trouble codes pulled. Now how to fix them??

John4me05

Reaction score
City, State
Covington Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
I did the KOEO and KOER
Got 186 and 332 on KOEO and 332 and 116 on KOER.
Now how do i fix the

186 Injector pulse width higher than expected??
Are my injectors going bad?

116 ECT out of range???
my Tstat is i think a 165 or a 180 dont remember which but i know its lower than stock. Would that cause my ECT light.

The 332 EGR i am going to replace the EGR

Remember that trouble codes point to problems in circuits/systems.

You list KOEO codes, but those codes (according to my code list) are CM codes. Can I assume you got 111 pass from the first set of KOEO codes (see my notes on pulling EEC-IV codes if needed)?

KOER 116 could be caused by a lower than stock tstat. The PCM expects to see the temperature above a certain threshold (and I'm not sure what the exact "fault" threshold is) during the KOER test. If your tstat is opening earlier than expected (stock is 190-195 F), then a KOER 116 could be the result. If this is the case, the "fix" would be to put the correct tstat in.

KOER/CM332 points to a fault in the EGR system. I'm not sure what you are planning to replace when you say "EGR," but recognize that there are a few components (plus wiring and vacuum lines) that are part of the EGR system. A lot of times, EGR faults end up being in the DPFE sensor rather than the EGR valve itself. You might take some time in further diagnosis before randomly replacing EGR components.

CM 186 might be the hardest to diagnose. As a CM code, I'd probably save it for last. It is set in response to out of range O2 sensor data, and indicates an error in the A/F mixture as indicated by the O2 sensor/MAF sensor. Because so many things can effect the mixture determination, there are a lot of different causes.

x2 on dpfe - also check the silicone hoses under it they crack and break from heat

Back