• Register Today It's free!

Grand Canyon

explr1

Reaction score
City, State
Wappingers Falls, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 PONTIAC G6 GT
I put in a new Pioneer CD/MP3 player a few weeks ago and am getting tired at looking at the "Grand Canyon" empty cubby hole above the radio that has no use what so ever. It makes the whole dash look bad. Whats other people done to hide the hole? Thanks.

Attachments

• web uniden pro640e 006.jpg
    web uniden pro640e 006.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 307

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you do a search, you will find this has been discussed several times. There is a kit that is made that doesn't have the pocket, or you could make something yourself that centers the HU.

Yeah, I put an EQ in there, looks great, made everything sound way better and gets rid of the hole! For about $70 only.

I made a custom panel that says "explorer" and I put a light behind it so it lights up like the rest of the dash. Cost me about $20, thats including the light.

Texplorer, can you please post pics of that?
Thanks,
Danny

I cant post pics but I can e-mail one to you if you want.

Where did you get that pretty wood grain?

Sorry everyone, had to get to work earlier...here's the picture

Attachments

• radiobezel.jpg
    radiobezel.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 250

Thanks for posting my picture Mo.
That is what I made to cover the big useless hole left after installling an aftermarket radio. It took me about an hour to make but if you take your time it can look a whole lot better. I just wanted to cover up the gap.

im really curious how you made the plate and how it stays in place. do you have a night pic of what the color is like? i have blue lit gauges and that would compliment them well if i could do it on my own

Originally posted by MONMIX
Where did you get that pretty wood grain?

I got it from ExoticWoodDash.com, $190 for everything back when they had a really good last minute Xmas sale.

I really like that trim. I got mine from one of the members here but he told me he got it from exoticwoodtrim.com too and it's very very nice. Here's a pic of mine:

Dead Link Removed

texplorer, that looks really good. do you have a write up on how you did that? What all do you need to do it also?
Thanks,
danny

203096_82_full.jpg

Neon!

Thanks for the wod trim info.
Time to put $20.00 in my sock drawer every week.

Hey 96Explorerediebower, I'll be down the weekend on April 5th.

Hopefully our paths will cross. I'll drop you an e-mail soon.

It isnt that hard to make. All it is, is a piece of clear plexi glass. Then I put some blue transparent vinyl on top of the plexi. I then got some black vinyl and cut out the letters with a hobby knife. Then lay that down on top of everything. I have it attached with a little thing of velcro on each side. I put a neon behind it to light it up at night. The neon is wired to the dash lights and dims with all the lights. I might make another one this weekend, if I do I will take pictures and make a little write up of it.

Ok, cool. I look forward to seeing the write up. Thanks a lot
Danny

i dont know the dynamics of it, i don't know where to start, i'm not sure where to put the temp. controls, but it looks cool

317685_1_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back