• Register Today It's free!

Greetings fellow enthusiasts...

jeffdjones

Reaction score
City, State
Sherman, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport 4x4
Hi, my name is Jeff and I have a '99 Explorer Sport that I've owned for a number of years. But I just got it out of the shop after having a new engine put in. It has the 4.0 SOHC engine and I made the mistake of letting someone attempt to work on it that had no knowledge of that engine and didn't have the right tools to work on it. After 2 years of it sitting out in the weather and getting broken into and having the stereo stolen, I finally got it to a different shop that knew what they were doing. But they weren't able to save my original engine. The other stooge messed up the counter shaft balance from what I understand. But I finally have my sport back, with a new engine and it feels good to be able to drive it again. It may sound funny to some, but I really missed that truck. It's always been a good vehicle.

Now that I have it back, I'm going to focus on getting the (4-door) leaf springs to lift the rear end. Something I had intended to do a few years ago just before the engine went out. Oh, and a new stereo...

Welcome to the forum!

I hate it when un-knowledgable people attempt to work on cars and screw em up. Good luck getting you're ex lifted and the stereo. For the stereo check the pawn shops. Sometimes you can get a real good bargain; I got a 2 year old pioneer deck for $70. Good deal I think.

welcome

Back