Hancock and Tomichi Passes Colorado, Sept 15, 2001 From RRORC. . . | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hancock and Tomichi Passes Colorado, Sept 15, 2001 From RRORC. . .

cpousnr

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ranger XLT 4X4
Want to remind you all of this run. The colors should be doing fine at that timel. St. Elmo is directly in a valley of aspens at 10,000 ft. The foot of the pass is 1/4 mile east of town.

The web site is: Dead Link Removed
Will be updating this link soon.

Rally point is King Soopers at C470 and Ken Caryl, 7-7:30. I will provide my Cel for stragglers.

Basic plan is to head to Buena Vista, gas up, get food if necessary and head to Nathrop, go west to St. Elmo. A short stop at the General Store and to feed the chipmunks!

Pack a lunch if you do not want to buy food in Buena Vista.

It is a one day trip, getting back in late afternoon.

Email me with confirmation at cpousnr@aol.com or go to the link on www.RRORC.com message boards, region D or the Trail Rides thread.

-Good opportunity to view the aspens
-Great trails
-Good final run of the season.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

? ? ?

How long of a drive from Denver is this ? Sorry , but I don't have a map handy and I'm not familiar w/ the location ... If it's not to far , I'll beable to go , THNX .

The trail heads are about. . .

130-140 miles from the rally point, I suspect maybe 3 hours to reach them.

Mapquest says it is 109 miles from Conifer to St Elmo. Rally point is maybe 20 miles from Conifer.

End point puts us between Salida and Gunnison.

Leaving fairly early to get up on the passes and be on the downward run in early afternoon in case weather rolls in.

Hope you can make it.

Oh see your from Pueblo. . .

But the distance is about the same to St Elmo.

Come down 50 to 285, north to Nathrop, west to St. Elmo, maybe 3-3.5 hours drive.

If you come, keep in touch, we can meet at the intersection of 285 and the road to St. Elmo.

I'll keep you posted ..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

rockymntnhi

Whats your name, will add you to the participants list on the web page.

Also, there is a Ranger that is coming from Pueblo, can we hook you 2 up to caravan up to NAthrop?

? ? ?

I'm not sure I can make it yet , I might be in Sterling ,helping my brother move ?!. I'll let you know on tuesday . My name is Rand Martinez and would love to tailgate w/ the ranger if I go . Hopefully it will work out .

Thats fine, got you down as potential

Hope you can make it. If not, another time.:D

Back