Has anyone replacing there auto tranny had any experience with these guys? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone replacing there auto tranny had any experience with these guys?

geosnooker2000

Reaction score
City, State
Somerville TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

24 month/unlimited miles warranty? I guess find out how long they've been around, could be decent.

No recourse towards who did your other one twice in 50k?

Check with the AZ BBB to see what kind of reputation they have locally.

Joe-
Shade-tree guy. He says he thinks the drive shaft has a vibration and it is prematurely wearing on "his work". He has no money, and wants to charge me for doing it again. Fool me once.....
Question. Can you replace the rear main seal with the transmission out of the way, or do you have to remove the engine from the vehicle, 'cuz...... I told him to do that both times, and he said he did. My purposes were mainly to avoid an oil leak at that location.

Blee-
Great idea. I think I will.

Shouldn't have to pull the engine, no.

Company rating = B
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
Complaint Resolution Log (6) BBB Closure Definitions
Complaint resolved with BBB assistance (4)
6/13/2011 Guarantee/Warranty Issues
3/11/2011 Guarantee/Warranty Issues
9/15/2010 Guarantee/Warranty Issues
4/21/2010 Guarantee/Warranty Issues
BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response (2)
7/6/2011 Problems with Product/Service
5/7/2011 Guarantee/Warranty Issues

After getting no definitive answers as to the nature of these complaints with BBB, I called and talked with a VERY helpful and straightforward talking guy at the company. He is e-mailing me the warranty paperwork, and said that those were mostly people wanting them to cover lost wages, shipping charges (which it clearly states on the ad are NOT covered unless you buy the premium warranty), that sort of thing. I asked how many trannys he has sold in the last 2 years (they opened for business in 1/15/2010) and he said he was into the 2000+ range. Pretty good ratio, don't you guys think? 6 complaints out out of over 2000?

George

Yeah, I'd go for one through them if I needed something. Nobody is perfect, especially with uber-demanding people.

yea 6 complaints its a pretty good record.. Also I would look over the warranty information or contact them and ask them for the fine details of their warranty

Back