headlights turn on but no taillights, license plate light, or dash lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

headlights turn on but no taillights, license plate light, or dash lights

97xxxploder

Reaction score
City, State
central ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 ford explorer v8 awd
i checked all my fuses and they r all good. from what i found on google it seems to be pretty common that its a bad headlamp switch. now heres my question, my car has cruise control on that same switch however i can buy a new switch without cruise control for $40 less. i never use cruise control so my main concern is if the switch withouth cruise control will still work for my car since it has cruise control. the part description says it fits all 94 grand am models. btw i have a 94 grand am 4 door gt with 3.1 liter. ive tried wiggling all the wires and connectors that i can see near the switch and all my head light and tail light wire connectors too. need some quick advice please

your talking about the multifunction switch. with turn, wipers, etc. it should fit. just check the plug on it compared to the one that is on there now. i think they will be the same shape just missing the pins for cruise.

Back