• Register Today It's free!

Heated seats in PIU?

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Hey everyone, I've gotten my hands on some black Explorer XLT seats with the heated seats option. I'm also getting my hands on a SYNC 3 APIM and I've been able to get confirmation that it would work in a PIU. Would I be able to utilize the heated seats with the SYNC 3 module if I were to install both?

If you have the right wires on the right buses and you can enable the options in the modules with forscan it should work. If your PIU was not equipped with sync then you will have a fun weekend project tearing apart the interior to run all the missing wiring.

If you have the right wires on the right buses and you can enable the options in the modules with forscan it should work. If your PIU was not equipped with sync then you will have a fun weekend project tearing apart the interior to run all the missing wiring.
My PIU does have a SYNC module. Only thing I'll tear out is the calculator looking radio.

My PIU does have a SYNC module. Only thing I'll tear out is the calculator looking radio.
Anxious to see how this works out. My understanding (admittedly with a 2016-19) is that it isn't as simple as changed the "radio". In fact, it requires dramatically more. The aftermarket sells kits in the neighborhood of of $2000 to upgrade to the larger screen and SYNC 3.

Back