Hello from Oregon wine country!

Coolwind

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi All:

I found this forum through my internet research into a new vehicle. I'm not an Explorer owner yet, but I'm very close to making a purchase decision. This forum has helped a lot! I've been lurking here for a few weeks, reading dozens of the great threads :thumbsup: among Explorer owners... this is a great community!

I'll do most of my postings over in the 5th gen forum, as I finalize my decision and then (hopefully) take delivery of a new Explorer. Just wanted to say hi here first!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi BrooklynBay! Yes I've test driven an Explorer XLT but not yet a Sport, and also the new Toyota Highlander, Dodge Durango, Honda Pilot and Chevy Traverse. I like the Explorer best of this bunch, especially for the 3rd row space. I have a batch of growing teenagers (a couple of whom may end up over 6' like myself), so I wanted as much room as possible without a) going back to a minivan, or b) going up to a less fuel-efficient large SUV like the Expedition or Suburban. Explorer seems like a good balance (note I didnt say compromise). ;-)

Oh, and I've had the Honda for 14 years and 180k miles. It's served us well, but my wife and I are ready to part ways with the minivan class. Nothing wrong with it, but it just doesnt inspire us.

Just took delivery of my '14 Sport! Can anyone tell me how to update the "Vehicle Specs" section for my profile? I can't seem to find where that is in the User control panel.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Back